Register for Duchenne Care Conference 2021
JUNE 1 – 4, the World Duchenne Organization will be hosting an online Duchenne Care Conference. During this series of 2,5-hour evening sessions, we are inviting global experts to share their knowledge and experience on specific care aspects. Member patient organizations can nominate up to 20 people to attend.
Duchenne Care Conference
Leading Duchenne experts
Over the span of four days, leading Duchenne experts will share their knowledge. Their presentations will be followed by an interactive Q&A. Attendees can send in questions in advance.
Important topics will be discussed by world experts in their own field. To name a few:
- Respiratory care by Prof Jonathan Finder
- Nutrition Management by Dr. Zoe Davidson
- Bone health management by Dr. Jarod Wong
- Stress dosing steroids by Dr. Jarod Wong
- Treating behavioral and learning disabilities by Dr. Jos Hendriksen
- Care for the younger children by Prof. Eugenio Mercuri
- Pain in boys and men with Duchenne: causes and potential treatments by Dr. Susan Apkon
- Girls and women who are carriers: what do I need to know to stay healthy by Dr. Susan Apkon
- Physiotherapy in ambulant Duchenne by Marion Main
- Physiotherapy in non-ambulant Duchenne by Marion Main
- Gastrointestinal problems by Prof. Anton Emmanuel
- Arm function in relation to seating by Dr. Imelda de Groot
- Exercise (no use is disuse) by Dr. Imelda de Groot
Click here to see the full agenda
Who can attend?
The online Duchenne Care Conference is June 1 – 4 for WDO Members where global experts share their knowledge on specific care topics. Patient organizations who are members of the WDO can send names and email addresses of up to 20 representatives to attend the Duchenne Care Conference to Suzie-Ann before Saturday May 22.