The World Duchenne Organization is proud to announce the agenda and speakers for the Duchenne Care Conference 2023. This Conference is a global online event designed to connect and update healthcare professionals from around the world on care for people living with dystrophinopathies. The conference focuses on care on females with dystrophinopathies, and updates in DMD/BMD care since the 2018 Care Considerations were published in Lancet Neurology.
Since the initial announcement, the Duchenne Care Conference has already attracted over 300 registrations from more than 60 countries. Moreover, this two-day online conference on June 7 and 8 is set to be the DMD/BMD care conference with the greatest global coverage. Interested individuals can still register until June 4.
The Duchenne Care Conference is inviting healthcare professionals, clinicians, and patient advocates in the field of Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy care. Notably, delegates attending the Duchenne Care Conference will have the unique opportunity to actively engage with the topics presented through live question and answer sessions.
Expanding Knowledge and Collaboration
It is the mission of the World Duchenne Organization to ensure that everyone diagnosed with DMD/BMD can benefit from a standard of care that is informed by global best practices by the best clinicians from all over the world. To achieve this, the Duchenne Care Conference is serving as a platform for healthcare professionals to stay up to date with the latest developments in DMD/BMD care.
As the Duchenne Care Conference enters its 4th edition, participants can look forward to accessing recorded sessions for rewatching. Furthermore, the recordings of previous Duchenne Care Conferences can be found below.
This year, the conference includes presentations focusing on females with dystrophinopathies, the theme of World Duchenne Awareness Day 2022, and updates in DMD/BMD care since the 2018 Care Considerations were published in Lancet Neurology.
Agenda and Speakers
The agenda for Duchenne Care Conference 2023 features an array of expert speakers in DMD/BMD research and care. Through their expertise and insights, we will explore a wide range of topics that are essential to advancing care and well-being of people living with DMD/BMD.
Females with Dystrophinopathies
- Prof Ros Quinlivan – Professor of Neuromuscular Disease, UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology
- Dr Saskia Houwen – Rehabilitation physician, Radboud University Medical Centre
- Dr Karolína Podolská – Chief Operating Officer at Parent Project Czech Republic
- Prof Linda Cripe – Pediatric Cardiologist at Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Prof Karim Wahbi – Cardiologist at the Institute of Myology and Cochin Hospital
Endocrinology in DMD
- Dr Jarod Wong – Paediatric Endocrinologist, The Royal Children’s Hospital Glasgow
- Dr Claire Wood – NIHR academic clinical lecturer, University of Newcastle
- Dr Natassja Billich – Principal Project Officer, School of Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences, University of Queensland
Newborn Screening (NBS)
- Prof Martina Cornel – Professor of Community Genetics and Public Health Genomics at the Amsterdam University Medical Center
- Prof Alessandra Ferlini – Professor in Medical Genetics, director of the Medical Genetics section at the University of Ferrara
- Niki Armstrong – MS, CGC. Senior Director, Community Research & Genetic Services at PPMD USA
- Prof Eugenio Mercuri – Professor of Pediatric Neurology, Gemelli Hospital Catholic University
Neuropsychology in DMD
- Dr Jos Hendriksen – Clinical (neuro)psychologist at Kempenhaeghe and Laurentius Hospital Roermond
- Dr Philippe Collin – Pediatric and Adolescent Psychiatrist at Kempenhaeghe and Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
To conclude, the Duchenne Care Conference is an incredible opportunity to learn from the top experts in DMD/BMD care and gain insights into the latest developments in the healthcare sector. Altogether, we are encouraging healthcare providers and patient experts to register and secure your spot for Duchenne Care Conference 2023.