On 7 September 2021, the World Duchenne Organization hosted an online event on Adult Life & Duchenne. The event gathered people from over 50 countries to listen to stories and experiences surrounding DMD and adult life. The World Duchenne Awareness Day 2021 event ‘Adult Life & Duchenne’ is available with Spanish, Russian and Ukrainian interpretation.
For more information, visit the World Duchenne Awareness Day website.
- Elizabeth Vroom: Opportunities and challenges in Adult Life & Duchenne
- Interview: Eilan Golan from Israel
- Prof Ros Quinlivan: Guidelines on Duchenne Adult Care
- Interview: Jacopo Verardo from Italy
- Nicoletta Madia: Insights from the Social Duchenne project
- Dr Jos Hendriksen: Psychosocial aspects of Adult Life & Duchenne
- Pedro Martinez from Brazil
- Hlawulani Mkhabela: Resolution4Rare
- Adith Thummalapalli from the United States
- Elizabeth Vroom: What patient organizations can do
- Interview: Suzanne Glover from Pathfinders Alliance
- Audience Q&A